Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale De Lausanne EPFL Excellence Fellowships, Switzerland
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne is a research institution and university in Lausanne, Switzerland, that develops natural sciences and engineering. Being accredited as one of the top two Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, the institute is dedicated primarily to education, research and technology exchange.
The two universities, combined with a number of expert research facilities, represent the domain of the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology, reporting to the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research.
Within the framework of its research and education services, EPFL manages a CROCUS nuclear engine, a Tokamak fusion engine, a Blue Gene/Q supercomputer and P3 installations for biological risks.
Ecole Fédérale de Lausanne has a limited number of scholarships at the Master’s level for students with outstanding academic results. All applicants to an EPFL master’s program are admissible. The selection is mainly based on applicants’ academic records. The selection is extremely competitive; approximately only about 3% of master’s students are awarded financial assistance.
About the Scholarship:
The EPFL Excellence Scholarship is now available for Masters and International Students in all subjects taught at the Ecole Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland. The scholarships are administered by the Student Affairs Department, located in the BP building.
- Host University: Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne;
- Host Country: Switzerland;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Masters Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 24,000CHF – 32,000CHF;
- Available Subjects: All Subjects;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2022.
- 8,000CHF for each semester: 32,000CHF for a 2 year diploma 120 credits or 24,000CHF for a 1.5 year diploma 90 credits;
- Accommodation rental reservation in a student dormitory;
- All expenses must be covered by the scholarship winners themselves;
- Students will receive the grant for a maximum of 4 semesters, including those who have chosen to pursue a minor or for other circumstances that may affect the period of their studies and as long as they are still enrolled.
- Any person submitting an application to the Ecole Fédérale de Lausanne Master’s program is considered to be interested in the scholarship. Any person possessing a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a renowned university may register to one of the Ecole Fédérale de Lausanne Master’s programs;
- The scholarships are awarded based on the evaluation of the applicants academic backgrounds.
- Applicants must register using the exact same online application process as their Master’s program before April 15 or December 15;
- No other method of submitting an application for the scholarship is available.
- Letter of Motivation;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of Transcription of all Results in Ecole Fédérale de Lausanne;
- Letter of Reference from the Section Director Students who are interested in changing their program or department are required to have a letter of reference from the Director of the section from which the student is transferring and should consult with the assistant of their future section on how to apply for the position. The future Section Delegate will subsequently nominate the student to the Scholarship Committee.
The departments will be able to communicate with students about whether or not they wish to apply for an Award. Students may also apply to their own section by April 30.
Please visit the official website for more information: